Monday, February 02, 2009

Blade Runner

.

DECKARD
Replicants are like any other machine. They can be a benefit or a hazard. If it's a benefit, it's not my problem.

RACHAEL
May I ask a personal question?

DECKARD
Sure.

RACHAEL
Have you ever retired a human by mistake?

DECKARD
No.

RACHAEL
But in your position that is a risk.

TYRELL
Is this to be an empathy test? Capillary dilation of the so-called blush response… fluctuation of the pupil, involuntary dilation of the iris…

DECKARD
We call it Voight Kampff for short.

RACHAEL
Mr. Deckard. Dr. Eldon Tyrell.

TYRELL
Demonstrate it. I want to see it work.

DECKARD
Where's the subject?

TYRELL
I want to see it work on a person. I want to see a negative before I provide you with a positive.

DECKARD
What's that gonna prove?

TYRELL
Indulge me.

DECKARD
On you?

TYRELL
Try her.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment