Monday, March 02, 2009

The prophecy

.

ARCANGEL GABRIEL
Ah, you look like a Thomas. Hey. Look at me.

THOMAS
You want me to look at you? Huh?

ARCANGEL GABRIEL
You know how you got that dent in your top lip? Way back, before you were born, I told you a secret, then I put my finger there... and I said, "Shh."

[…]

THOMAS
Did you ever notice how in the Bible, whenever God needed to punish someone... or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood.
Would you ever really want to see an angel?

[…]

ARCANGEL GABRIEL
She won't feel anything, honest. I have to rip her apart, of course.

[…]

ARCANGEL GABRIEL
I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls. And from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never understanding why.
You, give me a kiss.

[...]

SATAN
We must talk.

KATHERINE
Oh, my God.

SATAN
God? God is Love. I don't love you.

KATHERINE
I… I can't. I can't do this.

SATAN
I can lay you out and fill your mouth with your mother's feces. Or we can talk.

KATHERINE
Are you one of them?

SATAN
Them?

KATHERINE
Are you an angel

SATAN
I am the first angel, loved once above all others. A perfect love. […] You see, I'm not here to help you and the little bitch... because I love you or because I care for you, but because two hells is one hell too many... and I can't have that.

[…]

KATHERINE a THOMAS
I saw the devil tonight.

[…]

SATAN
Little Tommy Dagget. How I loved listening to your sweet prayers every night. And then you'd jump in your bed, so afraid I was under there.
And I was.
Do you know what hell really is, Thomas? It's not lakes of burning oil or chains of ice. It's being removed from God's sight, having His Word taken from you.

[…]

THOMAS
If you wanted to prove your side was right, Gabriel, so badly, why didn't you just ask Him? Why didn't you just ask God?

ARCANGEL GABRIEL
Because... He doesn't talk to me anymore.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment